At the Heart of the Matter: Our Race Shapes Our Realities
Watch the recording (available in English and en Español) of Karen's discussion with Colorado leaders about the starkly different realities Coloradans experience across the state, the roots of those realities and impacts on health. She was joined by:
- Harry Budisidharta, Executive Director – Asian Pacific Development Center
- Janina Fariñas, Founder & Chief Executive – La Cocina
- Bill Fulton, Founder and Co-Executive Director – The Civic Canopy
- Ernest House Jr., Senior Policy Director – Keystone Policy Center
- Dr. Ryan Ross, CEO – Urban Leadership Foundation of Colorado
If you enjoyed this conversation, you may be interested in the following related resources:
Watch: Susan Taylor Batten, president and CEO of the Association of Black Foundation Executives, talks about structural and institutional racism, and what gives it power (from the 2017 Colorado Health Symposium archive).
Watch: Gloria Wilder, MD, MPH, founder of CORE HEALTH, discusses community-driven social justice solutions and the importance of acknowledging racism and biases (from the 2016 Colorado Health Symposium archive).
Check out the list of resources attendees shared during the conversation.